Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Rosso Wine Shop in Glendale

Voyage LA wrote a nice feature on Rosso Wine Shop.

 Meet Jeff Zimmitti of Rosso Wine Shop in Glendale



 Today we’d like to introduce you to Jeff Zimmitti.

Jeff, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I started paying attention to wine in the mid-Nineties. As a touring musician (in my previous life) I got to tour and see the world. And in those travels I learned to love the “eat and drink local” concept. And when you say local, in Europe, that means what grows and is produced nearby. That concept has really crept into the American psyche in the last few years but 20+ years ago that really wasn’t the case here. I am decidedly self-taught in wine. I did take some continuing education wine classes and completed a culinary program in 2005 but there is no substitute for experience. There is only so much you can read, you have to do. And in 2006, after doing quite a bit of due diligence and writing a thorough business plan I stumbled upon the space where Rosso Wine Shop is currently. Without any prior business experience, I jumped right in. Eleven years later and I still love it.



Read the rest of the story here: VoyageLA and Rosso Wine Shop


Many thanks to Voyage LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment